Contact Us (607)334-8924

You can reduce the cost of your Flood Insurance coverage   Flood Insurance      

 FEMA Flood Insurance manual    Click here to view the ​NFIP manual   

 FEMA Flood insurance program       Accurate Flood ​Insurance rates   

 Little Ferry Flood     Flood Elevation Certificates Available     

Experienced claims assistance      Little Ferry Flood damage      

 Click to find your current flood zone and Base Flood Elevation (BFE)   Flood damage  



"You  can reduce the cost of Flood insurance.  As your mortgage is paid down  you can carefully reduce coverage limits as well.  When doing so get a clear explanation regarding the replacement cost value of your home vs actual cash value. The difference can effect the amount of reimbursement dollars when  flood damages occur.  Check deductibles and that your policy Primary Residence is set to Y or Yes for owner occupied single family homes. A Flood Elevation  certificate (see below) may reduce your costs, but check with your agent  first, in many areas you might be wasting your money."    

Is Flood Insurance Required?

If  you have a federally backed mortgage on a home located in a high-risk  zone, federal law requires you to purchase flood insurance to secure a  loan. Also, if you've received a federal grant for previous flood losses, you must have a flood policy to qualify for future aid.  Typically if you live in a designated flood plain, the terms of your mortgage require you to purchase flood insurance. 


Flood Elevation Certificate (EC)?

​​An EC documents your building’s elevation compared to the estimated  height floodwaters will reach in a major flood.  It is used to determine your flood risk and the cost of your flood insurance     

How is a Flood Elevation Certificate (EC) used?

​For  dwellings in a high-risk flood zones with letters A or V on a Flood  Insurance Rate Map (FIRM)—the EC includes information needed to  determine a risk based premium rate for a flood insurance policy.  The  EC shows the location of the building, Lowest Floor Elevation, building  characteristics, and flood zone.  It compares your building’s elevation to the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) shown on the map used for rating and determining the cost to cover your  flood risk. The BFE is the elevation that floodwaters are estimated to  have a 1 percent chance of reaching or exceeding in any given year. The higher your lowest floor is above the BFE, the lower the risk of flooding. Lower risk means lower flood insurance premiums. 

Who needs an Elevation Certificate (EC)?

For  certain high-risk structures, an EC is required by an insurer as a  condition for issuing flood coverage. If your building was constructed  before your community’s first FIRM (Flood Map) became effective (known  as pre-FIRM) and you are eligible for a subsidized rate, you do not need  an EC to purchase coverage. However, subsidized rates for pre-FIRM  buildings are being phased out through annual premium increases.  Full-risk rates are specific to the property, and an EC will be needed  to calculate the property-specific full-risk rate. Depending on your

elevation, the full-risk rate could already be lower than the subsidized  rate.

ECs are not required and are not used for rating in  moderate- to low-risk areas (Zones X, B, and C), undetermined risk areas  (Zone D), or certain high-risk areas eligible for other subsidies  (e.g., Zones AR and A99).  The property will remain eligible for the NFIP grandfather procedure if continuous coverage is maintained.  

Higher Deductible Flood Insurance?

A new $10,000 deductible is now available for residential properties. If you selects this  $10,000 option and want to buy both contents and building, then the same  amount must apply to both building and contents coverage (ie. $10,000  building coverage deductible & $10,000 contents deductible).  Be  sure to check with your mortgage carrier before requesting higher  deductibles.  

Proof of Primary residence?

A  “primary residence” is one that will be lived in by you or your  spouse  for more than 50 percent of the 365 days following the policy effective  date. You must now validate primary residence eligibility annually  otherwise a costly surcharge will be applied to your policy.  

To validate, you can submit one of these: a driver’s license, an automobile  registration, proof of insurance for a vehicle, voter’s registration,  documents showing where your children attend school, or a Homestead Tax  Credit Form for Primary Residence. Or if none of those documents are  available then a signed and dated statement (available from our office).    


                                                  No Liability Implied or Stated 

Walter  O. Rogers Insurance Agency LLC, its associated companies, its officers,  directors, associates, agents, or employees, or any other person  associated with this Site, shall not be liable or responsible for any  harm, loss or damage (whether arising in contract, tort negligence, or  otherwise) that may arise in any connection with use of this Site,  including any indirect, direct, special, third party, or consequential  damages. Every Insurance Policy package has limits and exclusions. It is  the responsibility of each individual and company to be knowledgeable  and aware of the wordings and coverage's for their Insurance Policy.   Copyright © 2020